When you need a little help staying positive, music can be a great tool. See the link above to view a video of a great little snippet about the power of music and “rap-therapy”. I bet Kanye West and Jay Z weren’t really thinking that they were enjoying a cathartic process as they ventilated about their feelings in the studio. Let it out, Gentlemen!
Music inspires so many emotions in people. It has also been known to heal. Please see the above link to the Music is a Sonic Tonic for Illness article. It describes how listening to music has helped stroke victims regain their speech and verbal memory.
1) Identify your favorite song
2) Tell us your favorite lyrics from the song without listening to the song first
3) Tell us why those lyrics stood out to you
4) Close your eyes and listen to the song
5) What was the first memory that came to mind when the song came on?
6) Did you smile at the memory?
Are you feeling positive? I am. If not, then maybe the song you chose is not your favorite for a positive reason. Change can come in your perspective. This is a great way to explore how you view life and your experiences.